New delights!

Posted on | June 15, 2010 | 8 Comments

I’ve recently discovered two rich seams for unearthing wonderful new books and play ideas and thought you might appreciate knowing about them too :-)

Melitsa from Raising Playful Tots and Nicole from Planning with Kids have just launched the Raising Playful Tots Index, a one-stop shop for anyone interested in finding new play inspiration. As Melitsa and Nicole put it themselves:

[The Raising Playful Tots Index is a compilation of] bloggers who love Play. They promote Early childhood play with a variety of play activities and inspirational ideas for our under 8 children in one place.

Whether you are looking for new ideas, inspiration, things to do, babysitting tonight and need a helping hand, pop on over to the RPTI and enjoy the exciting play activities by parents and educators.

Now it so happens Playing by the book made it to no. 5 in the index this quarter – a complete surprise to me as I didn’t even know that this index was being compiled – but please ignore that fact and go and explore and find some new blogs to make you salivate and want to get playing straight away!

And now for some new book discoveries… last week Our Worldwide Classroom hosted a linkup of posts and blogs about teaching with books, picture books or book lists. I discovered a great couple of new blogs with reviews of books I immediately wanted to reserve from our library – I hope you are equally inspired!

What are your favourite recent discoveries when it comes to new ideas for books and play?

Comments

8 Responses to “New delights!”

1. Debbie
    June 15th, 2010 @ 12:22 am

This is Debbie from Our Cup of Tea. Thank you so much for your comment and the link to the 50 States Book List! I am so excited to have that list!!! Makes things much easier for me. : )

2. Chels
    June 15th, 2010 @ 5:35 am

Thank you for stopping by my blog from Our Worldwide Classroom and leaving a comment! I hope you’re able to find the Ocean Life books and that you’ll enjoy them too!

Congrats on the top 25 list– that’s great!

I get a lot of book inspiration from blogs (Silly Eagle Books, Feed Me Books Friday on The Adventure of Motherhood, and 5 Great Books to name a few).

3. Chels
    June 15th, 2010 @ 5:39 am

How funny! I looked at your ‘kidlit inspiration’ sidebar list after posting my first comment with 2 resources you already know about. That’s an awesome list! Thanks!

4. magg, red ted art
    June 15th, 2010 @ 4:03 pm

Well done Zoe!!! Great job and well deserved!!!

Maggy x

5. BookishIma
    June 15th, 2010 @ 4:28 pm

Can’t wait to dig into these great new sources. Congrats to you – very much deserved! Lately I’ve been inspired by the play ideas at Childhood Magic.

June 16th, 2010 @ 7:12 am

Oh yes, Bookish Ima, Childhood Magic is a great blog isn’t it (and it’s also in the top 25 of the index!)

7. Ian @ Tidy Books
    June 16th, 2010 @ 1:13 pm

Well done on your top ten inclusion, very worthy. And thanks for the book resource.

8. Cheryl
    March 3rd, 2013 @ 7:18 pm

Hi there! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I really enjoy reading through your articles. Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that cover the same subjects? Thank you so much!