Gifts for book loving children and families – 3

Posted on | November 14, 2010 | 7 Comments

If you love Tove Jansson‘s Moomins then there are some wonderful gifts out there for you…

Photo: Cooksparaphernalia

A Moomin Love bowl, plate and mug set from the UK store Cooks Paraphernalia, who stock a wide range of Moomin crockery.

Photo: Cloudberry Living

Moomin 4-Piece Cutlery Set available at a UK store which specialises in Scandinavian goods, Cloudberry Living.

Photo: Pussy Home Boutique

Moomin overnight bags from Pussy Home Boutique – they also have Moonin keyrings, jars, pencils and other goodies!

Photo: Artbox

Moomin duvet cover and pillow set from Artbox, who also sell many other Moomin gifts

Are you a Moomin fan?

Comments

7 Responses to “Gifts for book loving children and families – 3”

1. MakemineMid-Century
    November 13th, 2010 @ 11:37 pm

Yes! Yes! Yes! But you don’t see them in Australia.

2. Maria
    November 14th, 2010 @ 4:15 am

Oh my gosh! These are so amazing! We just discovered the Moomin’s last year, but you don’t see much of their stuff here in the US. I LOVE the dinner wear!!

November 14th, 2010 @ 6:34 am

MakemineMid-Century and Maria… without saying too much you might want to return to the blog on Tuesday [nod nod wink wink]

4. Choxbox
    November 14th, 2010 @ 2:24 pm

The Bangalore Book Fair is on and I found so many treasures in a used book stall. Parked myself shamelessly on the floor and went through pile after pile!

Currently they are all being devoured up, dinner all forgotten.

Found a lovely book called The Button Box and thought of you (and we’ve never even met!)- how you’d do stuff around the story etc :)

5. Choxbox
    November 14th, 2010 @ 2:28 pm

oopa that comment was meant for the previous post about the igloos. would LOVE to have lay my hands on immi – world habitats are the flavour of the season with the 5 yr old.

and LOVE moomintrolls. awesome gift ideas!

btw waitrose did a whole range of the hungry caterpillar cutlery/crockery one time i think.

and lastly, tulika (the publisher of my mother’s sari) has recently brought out gift options (mugs, gift paper, etc) based on their recent books based on the panchatantra stories (heard of these?)

6. Choxbox
    November 14th, 2010 @ 2:29 pm

*oops

(butter fingers!)

November 15th, 2010 @ 7:06 am

I’d love to know more about The Button Box – we have a button box and it gets played with everyweek – the girls love using them to thread, or just as as magic objects / money / cakes / things to put in bags. And I love the excuse to add to our collection whenever I see a beautiful button!

I definitely recommend Immi – just beautiful and such a lovely story. Off now to see if the tulika products you mention can be viewed on line!