Bookplates for International Book Giving Day, Feb 14

Posted on | January 21, 2013 | 9 Comments

February 14 is International Book Giving Day, a day dedicated to getting new, used, and borrowed books in the hands of as many children as possible.

I’ll certainly be giving some books away and sharing others on February 14, and I hope you will too. For those books you’re giving away, you might like to put an International Book Giving Day bookplate inside them.

Last year Clara Vulliamy designed a gorgeous bookplate for International Book Giving Day:

bunnybookplate_450px

This year Nicola L Robinson has designed another really fun bookplate you can download, print off, and stick in your books:

Nicola L Robinson - Bookplate 2013

To download the full size bookplate from Nicola L Robinson click here.

If you are an illustrator and would like to design a bookplate for International Book Giving Day, please get in touch! We welcome bookplates written in a variety of languages. The bookplates must be 11.4 cm x 6.9 cm (or 4.5 inches x 2.7 inches) in size. We will make the bookplates available for free at International Book Giving Day’s website for people to download and print themselves.

Comments

9 Responses to “Bookplates for International Book Giving Day, Feb 14”

January 21st, 2013 @ 5:55 am

Wonderful! Joining in.
    sandhya recently posted..Bitter Sweet

January 21st, 2013 @ 6:26 am

Thanks Sandhya, there are more bookplates for the day here: http://bookgivingday.com/bookplates/
    Zoe recently posted..Friendship up on high

3. Anne Booth
    January 21st, 2013 @ 8:31 am

That’s a great idea! I particularly like that it is Feb 14th as that used to be a v hard day for me before I met my h. I like the idea of everyone giving each other a book, whether or not they fancy each other!!

4. zohra
    January 21st, 2013 @ 10:56 am

I like both plates, will use both. Weldone!

5. Amy Broadmoore
    January 21st, 2013 @ 12:50 pm

I am glad you shared Clara Vulliamy’s bookplate again! That was wonderful of her to create it for International Book Giving Day last year. And, I love Nicola Robinson’s bookplate as well! -Amy
    Amy Broadmoore recently posted..Celebrate International Book Giving Day This February 14th!

6. Alex Baugh
    January 21st, 2013 @ 2:14 pm

Thank you so much for posting these, Zoe. I wanted to give book in honor of Daniel Barden, my cousin’s son who died in Newtown, because he loved reading so much and I am not a very good artist.
    Alex Baugh recently posted..Sophia’s War: A Tale of the Revolution by Avi

7. Iona Burchell
    January 22nd, 2013 @ 2:31 pm

Thank you for sharing this, I will be using them and mentioning the day itself on my blog.
    Iona Burchell recently posted..Beauty of small things

8. Debbie Ridpath Ohi
    January 24th, 2013 @ 3:24 pm

What a wonderful idea! Your post inspired me to create some International Book Giving Day bookplates, too: http://debbieohi.com/storage/book-imbored/printready-bookplates/2013bookgivingday/InternationalBookGivingDay2013color.pdf
    Debbie Ridpath Ohi recently posted..Announcing my next book illustration book project: NAKED!

January 24th, 2013 @ 6:07 pm

Wow Debbie, THANKYOU! If Amy doesn’t have them yet, I’ll make sure she gets them so she can add them to bookgivingday.com